Welcome to Mrs. May's website.
In the words of Ronald Reagan, "We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone." My hope is that you find someone you can help today. Mrs. May
Upcoming Dates to Note:
- October 1, 2017: Students can begin filling out the FAFSA and applying for State Funded Scholarships and Grant. To complete the FAFSA, visit fafsa.gov. To fill out the application for the state scholarships and grants, visit scholarships.adhe.edu/.
- Williams Baptist College Preview Days: September 22, 2017, October 6, 2017, October 27, 2017, November 3, 2017, November 17, 2017 and December 1, 2017. Register at williamsbaptistcollege.com/preview.
- ACT Test: October 28, 2017
- Military Service Academy Night: Monday November 27, 2017 6:00-8:30 p.m. at ASU Newport. RSVP/Questions: Sherrie Mitchell 870-203-0540 This session will inform students and parents about the free college education opportunities offered by the service academies and the ASU ROTC college scholarship program.
- ACT Test: December 9, 2017
- Arkansas Tech University: Tech Open House: October 21, 2017 from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm Time Out for Tech Day: February 1, 2018. For more information or to set up Campus Tours, call 1-800-582-6953 or 479-968-0343.
- ACT Test: February 10, 2018
- ACT Test: April 14, 2018
- ACT Test: June 9, 2018
- ACT Test: July 14, 2018
- All males must register with Selective Service within 30 days of their 18th birthday. You can register online at https://www.sss.gov/Registration/Register-Now/Registration-Form
- Arkansas Academic Challenge Lottery Scholarship: To receive this scholarship, you must be an Arkansas resident and have an ACT composite score of 19 or higher. You can start applying Oct 1st at http://scholarships.adhe.edu/.
- Arkansas Rehabilitation Services 870-793-4153: Their goal is to help people with disabilities work and lead productive and independent lives: http://ace.arkansas.gov/arRehabServices/Pages/default.aspx
- Smart Core/Core information: http://www.arkansased.gov/divisions/learning-services/curriculum-and-instruction/smart-core-core
- State Testing Information: http://www.arkansased.gov/divisions/learning-services/assessment/act-aspire
- Anti-Bullying and Violence Prevention: http://www.arkansased.gov/divisions/communications/safety/anti-bullying
- Arkansas Children's Hospital Drug Safety: http://www.archildrens.org/Services/Injury-Prevention-Center/Prescription-Drug-Safety.aspx
- Concurrent Credit Courses through Ozarka College: Students in grades 11 & 12 are eligible to participate in concurrent credit courses if they have the required ACT or Accuplacer Test scores. Juniors can take up to 3 college courses per semester. Seniors can take as many college courses as their schedule will allow. NEW FOR 2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR: Students on free /reduced lunches can take up to 6 college classes taught by our teachers for free. See Mrs. Hurst for more information.
- Concurrent Credit Programs through ASUMH Technical Center: Includes programs in Welding, Automotive Systems Repair, Electronics (Mechatronics), CNA, and HVAC. For more information on these programs, contact Mrs. Hurst..