Welcome to Mrs. May's website.
In the words of Ronald Reagan, "We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone." My hope is that you find someone you can help today. Mrs. May
Upcoming Dates to Note:
- TODAY: Students can begin filling out the FAFSA and applying for State Funded Scholarships and Grant. To complete the FAFSA, visit fafsa.gov. To fill out the application for the state scholarships and grants, visit scholarships.adhe.edu/. For help with the fafsa, visit www.nitrocollege.com/fafsa-guide or you can contact Laura Lawrence at 870-368-2010. Although Laura works in the financial aid office at Ozarka College, she is available to help any student and/or parent regardless of the college you plan to attend.
- April 13, 2018: Bank of Salem Scholarship Deadline and North Arkansas Electric Coop Scholarship Deadline
- April 14, 2018: ACT Test
- April 27, 2018: Daughters of the American Revolution Scholarship due.
- April 30, 2018: Alumni Scholarship due to Mrs. May
- May 1, 2018: Bakersfield Full Gospel Church Scholarship due to Mrs. May
- June 9 2018: ACT Test
- July 14, 2018: ACT Test
- All males must register with Selective Service within 30 days of their 18th birthday. You can register online at https://www.sss.gov/Registration/Register-Now/Registration-Form
- Arkansas Academic Challenge Lottery Scholarship: To receive this scholarship, you must be an Arkansas resident and have an ACT composite score of 19 or higher. You can start applying Oct 1st at http://scholarships.adhe.edu/.
- Arkansas Rehabilitation Services 870-793-4153: Their goal is to help people with disabilities work and lead productive and independent lives: http://ace.arkansas.gov/arRehabServices/Pages/default.aspx
- Smart Core/Core information: http://www.arkansased.gov/divisions/learning-services/curriculum-and-instruction/smart-core-core
- State Testing Information: http://www.arkansased.gov/divisions/learning-services/assessment/act-aspire
- Anti-Bullying and Violence Prevention: http://www.arkansased.gov/divisions/communications/safety/anti-bullying
- Arkansas Children's Hospital Drug Safety: http://www.archildrens.org/Services/Injury-Prevention-Center/Prescription-Drug-Safety.aspx
- Concurrent Credit Courses through Ozarka College: Students in grades 11 & 12 are eligible to participate in concurrent credit courses if they have the required ACT or Accuplacer Test scores. Juniors can take up to 3 college courses per semester. Seniors can take as many college courses as their schedule will allow. NEW FOR 2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR: Students on free /reduced lunches can take up to 6 college classes, taught by our teachers, for free. See Mrs. Hurst for more information.
- Concurrent Credit Programs through ASUMH Technical Center: Includes programs in Welding, Automotive Systems Repair, Electronics (Mechatronics), CNA and HVAC. For more information on these programs, contact Mrs. Hurst.
- Free GED Classes: Ozarka College offers free classes to help you earn your GED. Contact 870-368-2051 for more information.